Read latest Sports News for today

STAY CONNECT1

Live Matches


Upcoming Matches


    Complete Matches


      NEWS

      PTV sends Rs 100 million defamation notice to Shoaib Akhtar

      • Nov 08, 2021
      • pitchhigh
      • 244

      Pakistan Television (PTV) has slapped a Rs 100 million defamation notice on former cricketer Shoaib Akhtar for walking out of a show on air last month after a heated argument with the host Nauman Niaz. Shoaib Akhtar had walked out of a PTV programme and resigned from his job as a cricket analyst after being told to leave the set by the host of the show at the state-owned channel while analysing Pakistan's victory over New Zealand at the ICC T20 World Cup 2021. PTV has now sent a defamation notice to the mercurial sports star as his on-air resignation violated the clause and also resulted in financial losses for the channel. "As per clause 22, both sides shall have right to terminate his agreement by serving three months' written notice or payment in lieu thereof. Whereas, Shoaib Akhtar resigned on air on October 26 which has resulted into huge financial losses to PTV," the notice read. "Shoaib Akhtar also left Dubai during T20 World Cup transmission without any prior information to PTVC management. Besides, appearance on an Indian TV show along with Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh, which also caused irreparable losses to PTV," the notice further added.Also Read- Babar Azam Becomes First Captain To Score 3 Fifties In T20 World CupAkhtar has been asked by the PTVC to pay an amount of Rs 100 million as damages along with an amount of Rs 33,33,000, equivalent to a three-month salary to the organisation, otherwise, PTC "reserves its rights to initiate legal proceedings" against Akhtar before the court of competent jurisdiction, said ARY News. "Utterly Disappointed. After miserably failing to safeguard my respect & repute while i was working for PTV, they have now sent me a Recovery Notice. I am a fighter & will not give up & fight this legal battle. My lawyer @SalmanKNiazi1 will take this forward according to law," Akhtar tweeted. Utterly Disappointed. After miserably failing to safeguard my respect & repute while i was working for PTV, they have now sent me a Recovery Notice. I am a fighter & will not give up & fight this legal battle. My lawyer @SalmanKNiazi1 will take this forward according to law.— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) November 7, 2021On Tuesday, October 26 Akhtar had been treated badly and insulted on air by the host on the show. Discussing the match on PTV Sports' 'Game on Hai', Akhtar credited the Pakistan Super League's Lahore Qalandars team for discovering Shaheen Shah Afridi and Haris Rauf. Host Nauman Niaz took issue with Akhtar's comments and said: "You're being a little rude and I don't want to say this, but if you're being over smart, you can go. I am saying this on air." Akhtar, who was on the show alongside former players David Gower and Viv Richards, said he could not continue. "A lot of apologies guys, a lot of apologies," Akhtar said before storming off the set. "I am resigning from PTV. The way I have been treated on national TV, I don't think I should be sitting here right now.Also Read- Yuvraj Singh hints at comeback from retirement next year

      FOOTBALL

      Messi vs Ronaldo: All the stats, trophies, records and form in 2021

      • Nov 10, 2021
      • pitchhigh
      • 313

      Both Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have produced some unforgettable moments on the football pitch and surprisingly they have been doing that consistently for more than 15 years now. The duo have won a combined total of 11 Ballon d'Or's, which is an award of high prestige, while numerous star footballers have missed out on the prestigious award because of the domination from Messi and Ronaldo. Interestingly, year 2021 has proved out to be full of surprises for both the footballing greats. Lionel Messi has left FC Barcelona and now plays for Paris Saint-Germain due to Barcelona's financial problems. The 33-year-old Argentine is currently struggling in his new club with injuries coming into play and a change of role in terms of positioning. No one deserved the 2021 Ballon d'Or more than Lionel Messi pic.twitter.com/1ZGJGsbVg0— Ishan (@LionelFutbol) November 5, 2021However, 2021 is not that bad season for Lionel Messi as before joining PSG, the little magician won Copa America with Argentina and scored 30 goals in 35 matches in La Liga for his former club FC Barcelona. However, Messi is yet to score a league goal for PSG, but has scored 3 goals for the French club in the Champions League. Messi won 34 club career trophies with FC Barcelona, including 10 La Liga titles and 4 Champions League titles. In addition, he has won the Ballon d'Or for a record six times which is the most by any player ever to play football. On the other hand, Cristiano Ronaldo once again impressed with his return to Manchester United new now, as the striker has time and again saved the Red Devils' blushes by scoring crucial goals. Cristiano Ronaldo ~ The Most Clutch Player this sport has ever witnessed pic.twitter.com/EYaSks49N4— Paarth (@paarthblanco) November 2, 2021Ronaldo took no time to get off the mark and after returning to England, the 36-year-old has so far scored 9 goals from the 11 matches he has played. In the process, he even became the top scorer in three different big leagues England, Spain and Italy, thus creating a new record. Christian Ronaldo scored 29 goals for Juventus in Serie A and also become Portugal's top scorer with 111 goals for his country in 2021. The rivalry between these two can define a whole era and decade of football. Who's better? It's an endless debate with too many opinions from too many people but one thing is for sure that Ronaldo and Messi will go down as two of the greatest footballers that the world has ever witnessed.Also Read- Rohit Sharma named India T20I captain for New Zealand series

      HOCKEY

      hockey,india hockey,hockey awards,hockey olympics,tokyo olympics

      Harmanpreet Singh, Gurjit Kaur win best player awards as India sweep international hockey honours

      • Oct 06, 2021
      • pitchhigh
      • 272

      Indian hockey touched a new peak on Wednesday, making a virtual clean sweep of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) awards, with drag-flick sensation Harmanpreet Singh being crowned the 'FIH Player of the Year' in the men's category, PR Sreejesh winning the 'Goalkeeper of the Year' award and the men's hockey chief coach Graham Reid getting the 'FIH Coach of the Year' award. Former Indian women's hockey chief coach Sjoerd Marijne got the 'FIH Coach of the Year' award in the women's category. The voting-based annual awards had six Indian players and two coaches in men's and women's categories. This is the first time that all nominees from India have won the prestigious awards in their respective categories. Drag-flick sensation Harmanpreet Singh was the top scorer in India's bronze medal-winning performance at the Tokyo Olympic Games. He was nominated for the award along with Belgium's Arthur Van Doren and Alexander Hendrickx as well as Australia's Jake Whetton, Tim Brand and Aran Zalewski. Drag-flicker Gurjit Kaur won the 'FIH Player of The Year' award in the women's category. She was nominated alongside Argentina's Agustina Gorzelany and Agustina Albertarrio. The other nominees for the award were Netherlands' Eva De Goede, Frederique Matla and Maria Verschoor. Sreejesh, who won the 'Goalkeeper of the Year' award, had come up with a career-best performance at the Olympic Games. The other nominees in this category were Belgium's Vincent Vanasch and Australia's Andrew Charter. Goalkeeper Savita won the award for the best goalkeeper in the female category. Savita, who was also the joint-vice captain of the women's team at the Olympics, was outstanding in guarding India's post and played an instrumental role in the team finishing fourth in Tokyo. The other nominees in this category were Great Britain's Maddie Hinch and Argentina's Belen Succi. 2020-21 FIH #HockeyStarsAwards results announced! Olympic Success Wave continues for India with @TheHockeyIndia winning big.A record number of almost 300’000 fans casted their votes for this year's Awards.CONGRATULATIONS to all winners and nominees!— International Hockey Federation (@FIH_Hockey) October 6, 2021In the FIH 'Rising Star of the Year' category for men, Vivek Sagar Prasad won the award for the second consecutive time. He was nominated along with South Africa's Mustaphaa Cassiem and Australia's Sean Findlay. In the 'FIH Rising Star of the Year' category for women, Sharmila Devi won the award with maximum votes ahead of Great Britain's Fiona Crackles and Argentina's Valentina Raposo. Graham Reid got the 'FIH Coach of the Year' award. He was nominated along with Australia's Colin Batch and Belgium's Shane McLeod. Congratulating the award winners, Hockey India president Gyanendro Ningombam said, "This is a great moment for Indian hockey as all our Indian nominees for the FIH Stars Awards have been announced winners. After the historic performances in Tokyo by both the Indian men`s and women`s hockey teams, the support from Indian fans from across the globe has been overwhelming. We thank everyone who supported the nominees by voting for them. "This is a big moment for us and these awards will definitely inspire future generations to take up the sport professionally. On behalf of Hockey India, I congratulate all the award winners and wish them success in their future endeavours."Also Read- Sagar Rana murder case: Delhi court denies bail to Olympic wrestler Sushil Kumar

      SERIES

      India Test Squad

      India Test Squad for Bangladesh Series 2019: Shahbaz Nadeem left out, Virat Kohli to lead

      • Nov 11, 2019
      • pitchhigh
      • 5106

      India and Bangladesh 2019 series test calendar, squad, team,player list: Indian unit led by Virat Kohli will receive Bangladeshi neighborsfor a two-match test series, starting on November 14.India Test Squad, Players List for Bangladesh 2019 Series: After completing a wash-off on South Africa in a recently concluded three-match Test series, India will be led by Virat Kohli Bangladesh for a two-game test series from November 14.Kuldeep Yadav, who was forced to leave the final against SouthAfrica due to an injury, was joined to the 15-man team.However, Shahbaz Nadeem, chosen instead of Kuldeep, wasdisqualified for the final test against South Africa in Ranchi. Schoppman isanother young generation who retains his place in the Indian camp.India made an excellent start to the World Test Championship, withfive wins in five games. The first side of Test 1 dominated South Africarecently in their home country by doing historical laundering to raise thescore to 240, while greatly benefiting from other countries.After a tour of Bangladesh through India, the team led by ViratKohli will face a tough challenge while touring New Zealand next year. Indiawill play a series of two tests against New Zealand.Rohit Sharma was the discovery this season in the first series of the ICC Test Championship. The new experiment opened to negotiate with the South African pace attack. The 32-year-old scored three centuries in four innings, including maiden Test double hundred at Ranchi.India Test Squad:Virat Kohli (Capt), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara,Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), R Jadeja, R Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav,Mohammed Shami,Umesh Yadav,Ishant Sharma, Shubman Gill, Rishabh Pant.Schedule:India vs Bangladesh 1st Test, Holkar International Stadium, Indore, November 14-18 India vs Bangladesh 2nd Test, Eden Gardens, Kolkata, November 22-26Read More: ICC T20 World Cup 2020: Complete list of matches, dates, and venues

      INTERNATIONAL

      Barcelona,Cristiano Ronaldo,Fernando Morientes,football,KickingAround,LaLiga,Lionel Messi,Real Madrid,Sports news,Paris SG,Messi Joins PSG,fifa world cup,fifa world cup of clubs,fifa world cup next,uefa,uefa champions league

      LaLiga will not be weakened by Lionel Messi's exit, says ex-Real Madrid player Fernando Morientes

      • Sep 08, 2021
      • pitchhigh
      • 637

      La Liga may be shorn of its biggest name in Lionel Messi who left FC Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain but former Real Madrid player Fernando Morientes feels the Spanish league would not be "weakened" by the exit of the Argentine maestro.Messi joined Paris Saint-Germain's club last month is not the only high-profile exit from La Liga. In the last five seasons, players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar and Sergio Ramos have left Real Madrid or Barcelona."La Liga throughout its history has lost players, just like any other league... It is nothing new. Cristiano left, Neymar left, Messi and Ramos have also left," Morientes, who is also the La Liga ambassador, said during a virtual media interaction."Footballers will eventually leave, but clubs will stay. La Liga doesn't sell itself through a single player. La Liga is never going to have a problem to sell itself as a competition"."La Liga has done a spectacular job attempting to attract the best players to make it as competitive as always been."Morientes said it's an opportunity for the Spanish clubs to prove themselves at the marquee Champions League.“I would like to see a Spanish final in fact, because there are many people who think that Messi's departure has weakened the league. We have to show that this is not the case.Also Read- Lionel Messi signs two-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain after leaving Barcelona"In the last 10-15 years, La Liga teams have always been very competitive in all European competitions. And I'm convinced this coming season the Spanish teams will demonstrate their true potential in this competition," said the former Spanish center-forward.The 45-year-old said it was the responsibility of the clubs to change, adapt and sign great players."La Liga will continue to be a really attractive league that will bring in new players and I'm sure there are great players who will want to play here," said Morientes, who played 183 games for Real Madrid between 1997 and 2005."The Spanish league is strong enough to be attractive to everyone. I am convinced that you in India will continue to follow the league and continue to follow our teams as fans and not just as individual players."On the prospect of 'El Clasico' without Messi and Ronaldo, he said: "Real Madrid and Barcelona at the end of the day are much more than just two players. It's true that both Cristiano and Messi have made history in Spanish football."Obviously we would like to have players of this level. But we must remember that the rivalry between Real Madrid and Barcelona goes back many years, and Messi and Ronaldo are not always at the club." Also Read- Cristiano Ronaldo becomes all-time highest goalscorer in international football with brace against Ireland

      DOMESTIC

      NBA India

      Mumbai Gets Ready To Host NBA India Games

      • Oct 01, 2019
      • pitchhigh
      • 2445

      The capital of Maharashtra, Mumbai, hosts the next National Games (NBA Games) in India, which will begin on September 8th. There will be two pre-season games between the Sacramento Kings and Indiana Pacers.Mumbai will host the next NBA Games starting September 28th. As the celebrations begin, it will be the first game, also a pre-season game, between Sacramento Kings and Indiana Pacers. The game will be played in front of 3,000 children in 70 schools in Mumbai. It will also be the first match of the NBA in India, scheduled for October 4. Then there will be another game on October 5th, which will be open to the public.Celebrations will begin tomorrow, beginning with The Gateway of India, followed by the first floating Bandra-Worli Naval Court, which will lead to community events highlighting NBA values.In addition, graffiti artists such as NME and Minzo will promote events through street art, while Indian hip hop artists such as Shah Rule and Brodha V will do so through original compositions. For matches also, Geo Safin chose playlists in Hindi, English, and Tamil.Gateway of India lights up for historic NBA?India GamesBarnes added that Indian fans will have the opportunity to understand what basketball is at the 2019 Indian Games in Mumbai.An important event is expected when the Indiana Pacers and Sacramento Kings will play two games before the 2019 NBA season in Mumbai for the first time on Friday, October 4, 2019, and Saturday, October 5, 2019. To celebrate the arrival of En Los, basketball games and India Gate illuminated on Saturday. The news agency also shared photos of the illuminated memorial.Harrison Barnes, Sacramento Kings and Vice President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Vlad Devak, and Indiana Pacers Doug McDermott and Basketball Operations Manager Pritchard shared their enthusiasm for the visit in India with the country's media. During a teleconference organized by the National Basketball Association.It will be a very exciting time for us, as a team, for the league, to be part of the first game of the NBA Games India 2019 in India. I talked to my teammates and they are very happy to see the culture. The most important thing in India is that the culture is beautiful. I was there earlier this year and I want to give my teammates the opportunity to walk around town, eat Indian food and watch the Taj Mahal, as well as work with children who are NBA members. Academy in India. It's a beautiful experience. "From a basketball standpoint, I want to see how passionate fans are," Barnes said.Barnes added that Indian fans will have the opportunity to understand what basketball is at the 2018 NBA India Games in Mumbai.I think watching the game on TV is one thing, but the power to watch it closely will give Indian fans an idea of ??its content. Feeling passion and experience is what I feel everyone wants to promote. I was very moved by the kids when I traveled to India this summer and they have a lot of talent. To see how difficult their job and diligence for the details. "There is no doubt that the game will develop and more players will come out of India," said Barnes.Kevin Pritchard, general manager of the Indiana Pacers, said the two teams were pioneers in the transfer of the NBA from the United States to India."We are very happy to arrive in India, we talk a lot about it internally and we feel like pioneers because it's the first basketball game in the country." I think the players are excited and want to be ready to do a good show, "Pritchard said.