HOME NEWS

NEWS

Read all the Sports News, Get Live Scores, Fixtures, Schedules, Points Table, All Sports like Football, Cricket, NBA, WWE, events such as the Olympic Games

Rohit and Dhoni

IPL during Covid: no fans, 4 tests in two weeks for players

  • Jul 30, 2020
  • pitchhigh
  • 152

These are some of the major rules in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) prepared by the Indian Cricket board which will be sent to IPL franchise soon for the T20 Championship expected in the UAE from September to November.There will be no fans in the stadium, at least initially, commentators will be six feet apart, the least crowded shelters, no more than 15 players in the locker room, post-match prize shows for social distancing rules, and four COVID tests in two weeks for all players.These are some of the major rules in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) prepared by the Indian Cricket Board which will be sent to IPL franchise soon for the T20 Championship expected in the UAE from September to November.While awaiting government approval to transfer IPL-13 to the United Arab Emirates, the Emirates Cricket Council confirmed its interest in hosting the event after receiving a request from BCCI.Speaking to a news agency, an official at the BCCI said that not only players in the field, including their wives and friends (WAGs), and franchises, should follow the rules of "bio-bubble" would be determined."Once they enter the bio-bubble, no one can break it and join it again," the official said."The BCCI will not decide whether WAGs and family members can travel with the players, we leave it to franchises. The official said, but we have established a protocol in which not everyone, including the team's bus drivers, can leave the bio-bubble. The standard operating procedures for the franchises will be issued as soon as we meet." With the next week. If you have a complaint, you can return to the meeting and we will discuss it."SOP also states that each player will undergo four Covid tests within two weeks before the tournament starts. Two tests will be performed in India before departure and two during quarantine in the UAE.The SOP was prepared according to the rules laid down by the Cricket board of England and Wales for a series of tests against the West Indies.In the past, players representing India joined IPL teams separately, but this relaxation was not allowed this time. They will have to enter a bio-bubble with the rest of their team members.With most perks with teams of 20 or more players, along with a large number of support staff, some key SOP guidelines relate to housing. Teams will not be allowed to change hotels once they are appointed.BCCI has already asked concession holders to sort out the hotel's logistics and arrangements, although the council will help get discounts during reservations. It is known that only negative sellers enter hotels, changing rooms, and other designated areas.The BBCI will also provide standard operating procedures to broadcasters and officials.Given that the Covid curve is expected to crush the UAE by then, the official said there is a possibility that fans could watch the live event from the stands since September. But BCCI does not risk. "We don't want to take a risk. At least during the first part of the tournament, the matches will be played behind closed doors," the official said.According to Gulf News, the United Arab Emirates announced 375 new cases on Wednesday, bringing the number of state cases to 59,921, with 53,202 cases recovered.Also Read: BCCI shares detailed plan for IPL 2020 in UAE

IPL 2020

Brijesh Patel: IPL 2020 will start on September 19 in the United Arab Emirates

  • Jul 24, 2020
  • pitchhigh
  • 165

IPL 2020: This means that after the T20 World Cup in Australia was postponed, the Board of Control for Cricket in India set a 51-day window for IPL, the same as last year, ruling out more double addresses.The deferred version of the Indian Premier League (IPL) to be played in the United Arab Emirates will begin on September 19, and the final will be played on November 8. Brijesh Patel, Chairman of the IPL, confirmed the schedule on Friday, although the Indian board is still waiting for a green signal from the government to take out IPL from India."We have written to the Indian government. We hope to get a response very soon. Once it arrives, a meeting of the IPL Board of Directors will be held next week to finalize all other details."This means that after the T20 World Cup in Australia was postponed, the BCCI set a 51-day window for the IPL, like last year, ruling out more double addresses. Having two games on the same day has become a conflict with broadcasters, who cannot take advantage of afternoon games in the same way as night games. Even when double heads are scheduled, they are booked on weekends. The same formula will be applied when the program is finally formed.When the board meets next week, it will have to make other decisions, whether it is possible to maintain home and visitor coordination this year or not. There are three locations in the United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, and Dubai, where matches can be organized. Dubai itself has two reasons; In addition to the main stadium, there is also the ICC Academy ground where T20 International Associated Nations was organized. In addition, the spending modalities must be completed, the amount the concessions will incur, and the board. Patel said, "All these matters will be decided by the Governing Council."The meeting will also decide whether IPL-13 may have limited crowds, now that the COVID-19 situation has become better there. "We will seek advice from the UAE government if we can have crowds," he said.With each team needing at least a month to train, the franchise is expected to leave the base before August 20, giving them exactly four weeks to prepare.Also Read: The NFLPA tells players that there will be no Preseason matches in 2020

NFL preseason games

NFL Preseason: The NFLPA tells players that there will be no Preseason matches in 2020

  • Jul 23, 2020
  • pitchhigh
  • 145

NFL's Mike Garafolo, Tom Pelissero, and NFL Network informer Ian Rapoport reported that the NFL Players Association told its players on Tuesday that there will be no games Preseason games in 2020.The union leadership shared this information with its players during a group call one day after the league proposed a list for one match for the federation, then followed it later in the day with a narrow bid that included no pre-season matches. NFL and NFLPA were previously divided on the list of pre-season, and the league maintained the desire to play half of the typical four-season schedule before agreeing this week.The NFL also told its members that it still pays longer for players to physically adapt to the requirements of a professional soccer field, and lists are expected to be 80 players per team. The National Football Association is still signing a list of 80 men for a training camp, according to Pelissero, and although there is debate about giving teams an option to split the list (i.e. 80 workers and 10 pending), the association has told players that it wants all teams to follow a rule.The federation said it has a general agreement with the league on high-risk prospects and the possibility of withdrawal, and another general agreement on compensation in matches lost due to the ongoing COVID-19 epidemic. The main economy still needs to be divided between the two sides, and details of general agreements must also be finalized, but the two sides have agreed on the concept.Players flocked to social media over the weekend to publicly press the NFL to take their desires seriously in health and safety protocol discussions, which included the desire to complete August without any preseason games. While ensuring this appears to be almost guaranteed, both sides can move on to the next set of issues as they aim to lay the groundwork for operations at this unprecedented time.Also Read: NFL Preseason: Texas DE J.J. Watt "on the fence" about eradicating the NFL's preseason forever

NBA Bubble Court Unveiled With Black Lives Matter Decals Along The Sidelines

  • Jul 22, 2020
  • pitchhigh
  • 185

Black Lives Matter decals were revealed alongside the NBA Disney World bubble field. The 2019-20 season will resume on July 30.With the NBA restarting soon, journalists from various media have toured the life of the NBA bubble and the various in-game precautions the League has planned to ensure the safety of players and employees. The league also unveiled the "Black Lives Matter" logo on the game court, indicating support for the ongoing global movement against racism.ESPN first shared Pictures of the NBA bubble court, Black Lives Matter stickers appearing on the seat. The bank was far from society as well, a notable change that the university posted in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The traditional seating area for players and coaches has been changed to chairs six feet away.Another change in the game includes closed radio broadcasts on Plexiglas boards to keep them separate from activities on the field. In addition, the NBA bubble field will be completely surrounded by two large video screens, where live fan images will be shown with different references during the games.Several NBA players have spoken of protests against racism in the United States. The likes of LeBron James, Stephen Curry  and others have expressed support for the ongoing movement, demanding equal rights for all minorities. Curry and a group of Golden State Warriors attended several protests in the Bay Area. Previously, the NBA pledged to use the 2019-20 season resumption as a platform to support the movement. The league also gave players permission to highlight a message against social injustice rather than the names on the shirts. Players are said to be able to kneel down during the national anthem to honor the move initiated by former San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick.NBA restart scheduleThe NBA season will resume on July 30 at the Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. Despite the increasing number of coronavirus cases in the state, the league remains confident that the NBA bubble will be able to guarantee the safety of the players. Los Angeles Clippers will face Los Angeles Laker's competitors at ESPN Wide World of Sports Arena and will face New Orleans Pelican Utah Jazz at HP Field House on July 30.

IPL 2020

IPL 2020 Seeks September-November Window After ICC T20 World Cup Is Postponed

  • Jul 21, 2020
  • pitchhigh
  • 237

The stage for the IPL to take place this year has been decided after the postponement of the T20 World Cup. © TwitterHighlights• The postponement of the T20 World Cup opened a window for IPL 2020• The BCCI has considering two places: India and the United Arab Emirates• The International Cricket Council postponed the T20 World Cup on MondayThe International Cricket Council announced on 20 July, the postponement of the 2020 World Cup, paving the way for the establishment of a window for the Indian Premier League.The postponement of the ICC T20 World Cup has opened a window to this year's Indian Premier League. The rich league appears to be back after being postponed in April due to a Coronavirus pandemic. However, concerns remained over the place. BCCI has two places to consider: India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Their favorite site is India, but as the incidence of coronavirus infection increases, they decide to get a backup site. The United Arab Emirates also hosted the first phase of IPL 2014.A proposal to organize the league will be sent to the government after the IPL Board meeting this weekend, with two windows proposed to organize 60 games.BCCI prefers the window between September 26 and November 7, while broadcasters want to host it between September 26 and November 14, to make the most of it during the Diwali weekend.However, the Indian team is traveling to Australia for a series of four tests, starting from December 3, the council will have to plan a clear quarantine window before starting the chain.For the time being, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) will seek to provide plans for the biosafety site and process of bringing in players, ensuring their health and safety in the midst of an endemic epidemic.On Monday, the International Cricket Council revealed the revised dates for its next three global events in men's cricket, including the 2023 World Cup in India.The International Cricket Council said in a statement that Men's T20 World Cup 2021 will be held from October to November 2021 with the final on November 14, 2021.It added that the ICC T20 2022 World Cup will take place from October to November in 2022 with the final on November 13, 2022.The International Cricket Council did not mention the location of the T20 World Cup finals in 2021 and 2022.Also Read: IPL News: Rajat Bhatia talks about the ugly dispute in IPL between Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli

Joseph Benavidez

UFC News: Joseph Benavidez issues a severe warning to Deiveson Figueiredo

  • Jul 17, 2020
  • pitchhigh
  • 50

Joseph Benavidez revealed his plans to harm Deiveson Figueiredo in the rematch for the flyweight title.After Henry Cejudo relinquished the flyweight title, Joseph Benavidez and Deiveson Figueiredo competed for the vacant belt. Figueiredo toppled Benavidez after he accidentally shook his head. However, the Brazilian could not get the belt because he did not weigh 125 lbs.In less than 3 days from now, Figueiredo and Benavidez will go for it again. This time it will be more personal. Benavidez wants to hit Figueiredo because he feels his opponent was having an unfair advantage the last time.“After what I have felt after that fight. And the way it went about, not necessarily in the most fair way. It just makes me actually wanna hurt him. Like when you talk about an ill will or whatever. That’s not the illest of wills cuz we’re fighting anyway but… like I just said, fighting is hurting people. But it makes me wanna hurt him like, I want you to hurt.“I want you to hurt. I want you to feel dizzy when you get up every day... I want you to freakin’ cry and be embarrassed.”@JoeJitsu wants to return the favor to Deiveson Figueiredo in their rematch at #UFCFightIsland2 (via @bokamotoESPN) pic.twitter.com/w4BSalIaNu— ESPN MMA (@espnmma) July 16, 2020The rematch was about to be canceled when the Figueiredo COVID-19 test came out to be positive. However, it was later revealed that the test was a false positive. To date, he is 32 years old and in good health and preparing for his battle on the fighting island.Unlike the last time, Figueiredo wanted it to be with the right weight balance. He even hired a nutritionist. Moreover, he wants to make history by knocking Joseph in the rematch.img source: essentiallysports Also Read: UFC NEWS: Former UFC fighter Clay Collard becomes the most popular summer boxer

Joseph Benavidez

UFC News: Joseph Benavidez issues a severe warning to Deiveson Figueiredo

  • Jul 17, 2020
  • pitchhigh
  • 189

Joseph Benavidez revealed his plans to harm Deiveson Figueiredo in the rematch for the flyweight title.After Henry Cejudo relinquished the flyweight title, Joseph Benavidez and Deiveson Figueiredo competed for the vacant belt. Figueiredo toppled Benavidez after he accidentally shook his head. However, the Brazilian could not get the belt because he did not weigh 125 lbs.In less than 3 days from now, Figueiredo and Benavidez will go for it again. This time it will be more personal. Benavidez wants to hit Figueiredo because he feels his opponent was having an unfair advantage the last time.“After what I have felt after that fight. And the way it went about, not necessarily in the most fair way. It just makes me actually wanna hurt him. Like when you talk about an ill will or whatever. That’s not the illest of wills cuz we’re fighting anyway but… like I just said, fighting is hurting people. But it makes me wanna hurt him like, I want you to hurt.“I want you to hurt. I want you to feel dizzy when you get up every day... I want you to freakin’ cry and be embarrassed.”@JoeJitsu wants to return the favor to Deiveson Figueiredo in their rematch at #UFCFightIsland2 (via @bokamotoESPN) pic.twitter.com/w4BSalIaNu— ESPN MMA (@espnmma) July 16, 2020The rematch was about to be canceled when the Figueiredo COVID-19 test came out to be positive. However, it was later revealed that the test was a false positive. To date, he is 32 years old and in good health and preparing for his battle on the fighting island.Unlike the last time, Figueiredo wanted it to be with the right weight balance. He even hired a nutritionist. Moreover, he wants to make history by knocking Joseph in the rematch.img source: essentiallysports Also Read: UFC NEWS: Former UFC fighter Clay Collard becomes the most popular summer boxer

Clay Collard, a 27-year-old former UFC fighter who won four boxing matches in 2020.

UFC NEWS: Former UFC fighter Clay Collard becomes the most popular summer boxer

  • Jul 15, 2020
  • pitchhigh
  • 189

A mixed martial artist, who resorted to boxing regularly during the pandemic, has taken this sport by storm this summer.Meet Clay Collard, a 27-year-old former UFC fighter who won four boxing matches in 2020.His last victory was on Tuesday when he toppled his opponent three times on his way to a halt in the second round.While raising her arm, he told her mother that he loves her.Clay Collard became one of the most popular boxers in the summer, adding another knockout to his record on Tuesday.The 27-year-old former UFC fighter won for the fourth time in 2020 and second in the Top Ranks' "Bubble" in Las Vegas when he fought Lorawnt T. Nelson in a light fight.Collard knocked Nelson three times on his way to victory in the second round of the blow, advancing his record to eight wins (three knockouts) against two losses and three draws."I showed boxing skills there tonight," said Collard after the fighting. "I am not an Orthodox, but I do the job."According to Compubox data sent to Insider, Collard beat Nelson 61 punches to 12 in five minutes and one second of call time.All aboard the Clay Collard train In true @CCCcollard fashion, boxing's unlikely star scored 3 knockdowns in route to the TKO victory. #MayerJoseph pic.twitter.com/LnKTtRLeaa— Top Rank Boxing (@trboxing) July 15, 2020When the referee raised his hand, he heard Collard say, "Hi mom, I love you."Collard has built a sect that tracks the way his boxing career has changed, from "creating it to be a punching bag for young prospects," as ESPN writer Steve Kim pointed out, to be a potential killer. In Nelson 's fight after defeating three fighters with previously unbeaten records, Big Boxing theater correspondent Jake Donovan promotes Collard as this year's boxing prospect.