There were a few surprises, but most of the picks were in the expected ranges as all eight teams announced their retention. MS Dhoni was not the first choice of the Chennai super kings, while Punjab Kings did not stick with KL Rahul. Royal Challengers Bangalore retained Vrat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, and Muhammad Siraj. Meanwhile, Sunrisers Hyderabad went to Kane Williamson but did not stay with David Warner or Rashid Khan.
IPL 2022 Retention: Quick Recap
Each of the eight franchises exercised the option to retain players with Chennai Super Kings (CSK), Delhi Capitals (DC), Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), and Mumbai Indians (MI), each opting to retain four players. specific option.
Rajasthan Royals (RR), Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) were left with 3 players each, while Punjab Kings (PBKS) had 2 retained.
Hence, PBKS has the highest salary portfolio available at Rs 72 crore, while Delhi Capital has a minimum of Rs 47.50 to use for the mega auction.
The Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry has already confirmed the addition of two new teams. Ahmedabad, owned by CVC Capital, and Lucknow, owned by RPSG Group, are the new members of the IPL. There will be a big auction before IPL 2022 and there will be two new teams, one from Lucknow and Ahmedabad, making the new season a 10-team affair.
The retained players had to pay an exorbitant cost for the franchise since if the team had used all four retention options, the total purse available to the four players was 42 million rupees. The first selected player got Rs 16 crore, the second got Rs 12 crore, the third got Rs 8 crore and the fourth got Rs 6 crore for their services.
- Rohit Sharma - Rs 16 crore
- Jasprit Bumrah - Rs 12 crore
- Suryakumar Yadav - Rs 8 crore
- Kieron Pollard - Rs 6 crore
Rishabh Pant - Rs 16 crore
Axar Patel - Rs 9 crore
- Prithvi Shaw - Rs 7.5 crore
- Anrich Nortje - Rs 6.5 crore
Kolkata Knight Riders
- Andre Russell - Rs 12 crore
- Varun Chakravarthy - Rs 8 crore
- Venkatesh Iyer - Rs 8 crore
- Sunil Narine - Rs 6 crore
Chennai Super Kings
- Ravindra Jadeja - Rs 16 crore
- MS Dhoni - Rs 12 crore
- Moeen Ali - Rs 8 crore
- Ruturaj Gaikwad - Rs 6 crore
- Sanju Samson - Rs 14 crore
- Jos Buttler - Rs 10 crore
- Yashasvi Jaiswal. Rs 4 crore
Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Virat Kohli - Rs 15 crore
- Glenn Maxwell - Rs 11 crore
- Mohammed Siraj - Rs 7 crore
- Kane Williamson - Rs 14 crore
- Abdul Samad - Rs 4 crore
- Umran Malik - Rs 4 crore
- Mayank Agarwal Rs 12 crore
- Arshdeep Singh - Rs 4 crore
Purse left for 8 IPL franchises after retentions on November 30
- Punjab Kings - Rs 72 crore
- SunRisers Hyderabad - Rs 68 crore
- Rajasthan Royals - Rs 62 crore
- Royal Challengers Bangalore - Rs 57 crore
- Chennai Super Kings - Rs 48 crore
- Kolkata Knight Riders - Rs 48 crore
- Mumbai Indians - Rs 48 crore
- Delhi Capitals - Rs 47.5 crore