The 50 slopes of Ishan Kishan at the 2nd International T20 Meeting between India and England made Shekhar Dhawan's way back in the Indian T20 chart of things very difficult. Ishan has been talked about as a talent since his age-group days, but there was a small crack in his armor. The young man had difficulty knowing when to attack and when to defend. But all of this appears to be fading after he led India to a 7 wicket win with 56 of 32 impressive balls.
India captain Virat Kohli, who collaborated 94 of 54 balls with the lefty hitter, was among the first to give Ishan the credit for the win. "A special reference to Ishan, the way he's struck," Kohli said in the presentation. "It completely changed the game. We were one for nothing. I tried to do my best, but then I took the game completely away from the competitors. Follow his instincts. Hit the quality at the start."
Ishan's rise has put Dhawan in a very difficult position. The Delhi-born was the winner of the India match at ICC events, but with a decline in the form of new names making their way into the squad, the team leader may have to make very tough decisions in the coming days.
Ishan Kishan arrives, where Shikhar Dhawan in Indian XI stands
- Dhawan's biggest advantage to India is his attacking style at the top, as well as the advantage of being left-handed.
- In comparison, Ishan Kishan is more aggressive in his approach. With him, the combination of left and right on top is still intact
- Dhawan breaks down the bowlers on top and his temperament is top-notch. Kishan is capable of destroying attacks, but his temper will only be measured when he faces more difficult situations than he faced on Sunday.
- Ishan Kishan's ability to 6 hits is a huge advantage over Dhawan. His 30 games in IPL & 4 vs Eng at 2nd T20 are great proof of that.
- Another feature Kishan brings is his skill as a dedicated wicketkeeper. He could be a huge endorsement of Rishabh Pant.
Duane clearly has a tough competition now with the arrival of Ishan Kishan
Relying on a game he mastered under the strict supervision of four-time Indian Premier League Champions (IPL) Mumbai Indians (MI), Ishan was the biggest team between India and England. Show all the qualities of the "X factor" that Kohli talks about often.
“When you play in the IPL with as dominant as him, against the high-end bowlers, we saw him hitting the international speed bowlers with six top players,” Kohli said.
"He's a daring character. You should continue to support your instincts. We had a conversation in the middle where he understood and analyzed the game very intelligently. He knew he was hitting the ball really well, so he kept using his chances. But it was counted. He was not reckless. That's what you want to see at Youth… The attendance, it looks great, is still retreating but with the realization of the game situation and I think today that the counter-roles for him and our partner [94 rounds of 54 balls] were something the team needed and presented. The team.”
Ishan Kishan’s arrival can be bad news for Rahul too?
Rahul now faces stiff competition from Ishan. Karnataka's hitter has not been able to utilize his potential in the series yet. In the two matches he played, Rahul was back on a golden duck.
Rohit, who missed his first two matches against England, will definitely be with the Indian national team for the T20 World Cup in October. But outside Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, and Ishan Kishan - the team leader will have to rule out 1. In the current scheme of things, Kishan will have little advantage over his big counterparts.