More than 40,000 fans gathered on a historic night for Atalanta and Valencia at the iconic San Siro stadium in Milan, Italy.One of the main reasons why Bergamo (in Italy) is a hotbed of coronavirus is the Champions League match between Atalanta and Valencia.A respiratory specialist indicated that it was a "biological bomb", while Bergamo Mayor Giorgio Gori admitted that there was no way to stop it."It was in mid-February, so we had no conditions for what was going on," Gori said earlier this week during a live chat on Facebook.“If what they say about the virus actually spreading to Europe in January is very true, it is very likely that 40,000 Bergamaschi in San Siro’s positions together will share the virus with each other.” As much as possible, as many Bergamaschi gathered that night in homes and bars to watch the match and did the same."Unfortunately, we could not find out. No one knew that the virus was already here. It is inevitable," the mayor added.Less than a week after the match, the first cases were reported in Bergamo County. Here is everything you need to know about the fateful game.When was the Atalanta match against Valencia held?The Champions League (first leg) match between Atalanta (from Serie A) and Valencia (from La Liga) took place on February 19. Two days later, the first case of COVID-19 societal transmission was confirmed. Atalanta won 4-1.Where held Atalanta against Valencia?The match was played at the famous San Siro stadium in Milan because the Atalanta stadium in Bergamo did not meet UEFA standards.How many people attended Atalanta 's match against Valencia?The official attendance of the competition is 45,792, which is a record for "Atalanta". It was the largest game in the history of Atalanta and a third of Bergamo residents made a 37-mile trip from Bergamo to Milan. Out of 120,000 people, more than 40,000 have gone to San Siro. Fans traveling in 2500.Why is this party called a "biological bomb"?As thousands of fans gathered in a square without warning, the conditions for spreading the virus were high. He also states that prior to the match, fanatic travelers were roaming freely in Milan."I heard many (theories), I will tell me: on February 19, 40,000 Bergamaschi went to San Siro for Atalanta Valencia," Fabiano de Marco, chief pneumologist at Bergamo Hospital, told the Italian newspaper Corriere. Della Sera. "On buses, cars and trains. An organic bomb, unfortunately.How many players were affected after the game?Atalanta goalkeeper Marco Sportiello showed a positive result for COVID-19. More than a third of the Valencia team were infected. Valencia and Argentine defender Ezequiel Garay was the first La Liga player to achieve a positive result for COVID-19. As for the fans, none of the more than 40,000 fans affected by the virus have yet been identified.Last week, the Bergamo cemetery overwhelmed the death toll to the point that military trucks began transporting corpses to a nearby area in order to cremate. Italy remained the European country with the majority of cases, nearly 70,000 deaths and about 7,000 deaths, most of which were in the world and more than twice that of China..Spain is the next country in Europe with the most cases, nearly 48,000, and it has surpassed China in the number of deaths with more than 3,400.Read More: Coronavirus Pandemic Affects On Sports Events
LONDON: Cricket Breeders, Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), decided to provide parking and storage spaces available at the popular Cricket Ground for National Health Service (NHS) employees fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.Coronavirus outbreaks have infected more than 7,000,000 people and caused more than 35,000 deaths worldwide. In the UK, about 23,000 people have been injured, including Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Prince Charles, and more than 1,400 deaths have been reported."The proximity of the various hospitals to Lord’s gives the club an opportunity to assist the medical staff so that they can focus on their ongoing battle against the virus," MTC said in a press release.The club provided 75 parking spaces for NHS employees at the nearby Wellington Hospital, University Hospital, San Juan Hospital and Santa Isabel."MCC has now provided 75 parking spaces for the staff of Wellington Hospital, University Hospital, St John Hospital and St. Elizabeth."In addition, cricket statues provide food for a city-based charity."The MCC has provided food to City Harvest London, which helps to use surplus fresh food well in a sustainable manner, by redistributing it to organizations that are feeding the hungry," the statement said."We continue to work closely with our local community, hospitals, and organizations to provide support to the best of our abilities during this period."Read More: Coronavirus Pandemic Affects On Sports Events
French Grand Prix cancelled The race in Le Castellet becomes the tenth stage of the Formula One championship that was destroyed in 2020 and that has been canceled or postponed.French Grand Prix organizers announced on Monday the cancellation of the race scheduled for June 28 due to the coronary virus pandemic."Given the evolving situation related to the spread of the COVID 19 virus, the French Grand Prix takes note of the decisions announced by the French state, which makes it impossible to maintain our event," said the race director-general. Eric Bouillier.The race in Le Castellet becomes the tenth stage of the Formula One championship that was destroyed in 2020 and that has been canceled or postponed.The French Open at Roland Garros has already moved to September as a result of the epidemic with the Tour de France race also postponed.The next race on the calendar is the Austrian GP (July 5), which could be the opening season July.Formula One: French Grand Prix DateRaceStatusMarch 15Australian GPCancelledMarch 22Bahrain GPPostponedApril 3Vietnam GPPostponedApril 19Chinese GPPostponedMay 3Dutch GPPostponedMay 10Spanish GPPostponedMay 24Monaco GPCancelledJune 7Azerbaijan GPPostponedJune 14Canadian GPPostponedJune 28French GPCancelled
Tournament organizers announced on Tuesday that the World Tennis Championships, an innovative mixed-gender professional tennis league, will begin on July 5 at the Greenbrier, West Virginia, and up to 500 fans will be allowed to attend matches during its three-week season. .WTT said it would adhere to all the health and safety protocols required by the authorities to ensure the safety of its players, coaches, and key personnel amid the COVID-19 pandemic.Grand Slam champion Sofia Kenin and Sloane Stephens will participate in the event, which will consist of a regular season of 63 games followed by the playoffs.WTT plans to stage at least three matches per day at the Greenbrier's 2,500-seat outdoor stadium, while an indoor court will be installed for back-up."The overwhelming feedback of our players is that they want to play WTT and feel comfortable doing it in a safe environment, which is our first priority," said Carlos Silva, WTT CEO.WTT also said it would increase the prize money to a record $ 5 million, with an additional $ 1 million awarded in compensation from the WTT Qualifiers.All the matches will be streamed or streamed live on CBS, CBS Sports Network, Tennis Channel and ESPN+, tournament organisers said.Major professional tennis tours, ATP for men and WTA for women have been closed since March 8 due to a novel coronavirus outbreak.Since then, tournaments have been held in the US and Germany with strict social distance measures and without the support of fans.New Zealand will host a team tennis tournament for local male players from June 3, while world number one Novak Djokovic hosted a tournament in the Balkans from June 13 to July 5.Read More: How to reschedule T20 World Cup? ICC committee debates in BCCI's absence
England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), CEO, Tom Harrison, has safeguarded the board's choice to not force severe bio-bubble rules for the forthcoming five-match Test series against India, beginning from August 4 in Nottingham. We're in an alternate situation to a year prior or even a half year prior truly concerning how we adapt to Covid. We're sincerely attempting to figure out how we live with it and establish safe conditions for individuals instead of bio-secure conditions," Harrison was cited as saying by Cricbuzz. "There's an immense distinction between the two. Players are simply tired of bio-security and bubbles and that language we have gotten so used to utilizing. It's negatively affected psychological well-being for players, time away from families. We are simply not ready to work that sort of climate going ahead," he added. With concerns previously mounting about the practicality of the Test series among England and India, in the midst of the Covid-19 cases inside the India camp. India's wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant and four additional individuals from the Indian unforeseen in England have been compelled to isolate for 10 days in London. One of the care staff as preparing partner/net bowler Dayanand Guarani tried Covid-19 positive on July 14. Aside from Guarani, those in isolate incorporate the bowling trainer Bharat Arun, wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha and hold opener Abhimanyu Easwaran, who was recognized as his nearby contacts. Also Read: ICC Announced New Points System For Next World Test Championship CycleA BCCI discharge on Thursday evening said that Pant has not been remaining at the group lodging, which recommends he is probably not going to have influenced some other India players, and that he is "headed to recuperation". Gasp will actually want to join the remainder of the India crew in the wake of returning two negative RT-PCR tests. A similar guideline applies for the four other people who are at present in isolation. The remainder of the Indian crew is headed to Durham, they will reach in the evening in the wake of reassembling in London following 20-dawn.Also Read: Olympics PM Narendra Modi Collaborates With Tokyo Bound Indian Competitors Certain They Will Make The Nation ProudGasp, Saha and Easwaran are set to miss the group's 3-day practice game against a County Championship XI beginning July 20. The match will be played away from plain view and 90 overs will be played every day. Durham Cricket will communicate the game on its Youtube channel.23-year-old Rishabh Pant has been in isolate for as far back as 8 days in the wake of testing positive on July 8. He got the infection in the wake of going to England's Euro 2020 round of 16 matches against Germany on June 30. The Indian cricket board affirmed that Pant is asymptomatic.