Read latest Sports News for today

HOME TAG

PAKISTAN VS NEW ZEALAND

Pakistan vs New Zealand,pak vs nz,New Zealand tour of pakistan called off,nz tour of pak abandoned,pakistan security concerns,New Zealand cricket,pakistan cricket board,cricket,cricket wireless,cricket score,cricket live score,news for pakistan cricket

Pakistan vs New Zealand: Entire tour called off due to security concerns minutes before 1st ODI

  • Sep 17, 2021
  • pitchhigh
  • 425

New Zealand's tour of Pakistan has been completely canceled due to safety concerns, just minutes before the toss for the first one-day international was going to take place in Rawalpindi on Friday.The New Zealand cricket team is reported to have refused to enter in the field and remain inside their hotel rooms after New Zealand security advisers advised them to do so. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said New Zealand Cricket informed it that “they had been alerted to some security alert and have unilaterally decided to postpone the series.Pakistan was scheduled to host New Zealand for a series of 3 internationals and 5 T20 internationals in Rawalpindi and Lahore from September 17 to October 3.According to an NZC release: "The side was to play Pakistan this evening in the first of three ODIs in Rawalpindi, before moving to Lahore for a five match T20 series.The BLACKCAPS are abandoning their tour of Pakistan following a New Zealand government security alert. Arrangements are now being made for the team’s departure. More information | https://t.co/Lkgg6mAsfu— BLACKCAPS (@BLACKCAPS) September 17, 2021“However, following an escalation in the New Zealand Government threat levels for Pakistan, and advice from NZC security advisors on the ground, it has been decided the BLACKCAPS will not continue with the tour. Arrangements are now being made for the team's departure."Remind you, the New Zealand cricket team arrived in Pakistan on September 11 for a limited over series representing the country's first international kiwi series since 2003.Also Read- Misbah-ul-Haq, Waqar Younis resign as Pakistans head coach and bowling coach ahead of T20 World CupPCB WILLING TO CONTINUEThe Pakistan Cricket Board confirmed the developments and expressed their disappointment but also said that they are ready to proceed with the scheduled matches."Earlier today, the New Zealand cricket board informed us that they had been alerted to some security alert and have unilaterally decided to postpone the series. PCB and Govt of Pakistan made fool proof security arrangements for all visiting teams. We have assured the New Zealand cricket board of the same.“The Prime Minister spoke personally to the Prime Minister of New Zealand and informed her that we have one of the best Intelligence systems in the world and that no security threat of any kind exists for the visiting team. The security officials with the NZ team have been satisfied with security arrangements made by the Govt of Pakistan throughout their stay here.“PCB is willing to continue the scheduled matches. However, cricket lovers in Pakistan and world over will be disappointed by this last-minute withdrawal," the PCB statement said.Also Read- ICC T20 World Cup 2021 complete schedule: India to face Pakistan on October 24

shoaib akhtar

PTV sends Rs 100 million defamation notice to Shoaib Akhtar

  • Nov 08, 2021
  • pitchhigh
  • 245

Pakistan Television (PTV) has slapped a Rs 100 million defamation notice on former cricketer Shoaib Akhtar for walking out of a show on air last month after a heated argument with the host Nauman Niaz. Shoaib Akhtar had walked out of a PTV programme and resigned from his job as a cricket analyst after being told to leave the set by the host of the show at the state-owned channel while analysing Pakistan's victory over New Zealand at the ICC T20 World Cup 2021. PTV has now sent a defamation notice to the mercurial sports star as his on-air resignation violated the clause and also resulted in financial losses for the channel. "As per clause 22, both sides shall have right to terminate his agreement by serving three months' written notice or payment in lieu thereof. Whereas, Shoaib Akhtar resigned on air on October 26 which has resulted into huge financial losses to PTV," the notice read. "Shoaib Akhtar also left Dubai during T20 World Cup transmission without any prior information to PTVC management. Besides, appearance on an Indian TV show along with Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh, which also caused irreparable losses to PTV," the notice further added.Also Read- Babar Azam Becomes First Captain To Score 3 Fifties In T20 World CupAkhtar has been asked by the PTVC to pay an amount of Rs 100 million as damages along with an amount of Rs 33,33,000, equivalent to a three-month salary to the organisation, otherwise, PTC "reserves its rights to initiate legal proceedings" against Akhtar before the court of competent jurisdiction, said ARY News. "Utterly Disappointed. After miserably failing to safeguard my respect & repute while i was working for PTV, they have now sent me a Recovery Notice. I am a fighter & will not give up & fight this legal battle. My lawyer @SalmanKNiazi1 will take this forward according to law," Akhtar tweeted. Utterly Disappointed. After miserably failing to safeguard my respect & repute while i was working for PTV, they have now sent me a Recovery Notice. I am a fighter & will not give up & fight this legal battle. My lawyer @SalmanKNiazi1 will take this forward according to law.— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) November 7, 2021On Tuesday, October 26 Akhtar had been treated badly and insulted on air by the host on the show. Discussing the match on PTV Sports' 'Game on Hai', Akhtar credited the Pakistan Super League's Lahore Qalandars team for discovering Shaheen Shah Afridi and Haris Rauf. Host Nauman Niaz took issue with Akhtar's comments and said: "You're being a little rude and I don't want to say this, but if you're being over smart, you can go. I am saying this on air." Akhtar, who was on the show alongside former players David Gower and Viv Richards, said he could not continue. "A lot of apologies guys, a lot of apologies," Akhtar said before storming off the set. "I am resigning from PTV. The way I have been treated on national TV, I don't think I should be sitting here right now.Also Read- Yuvraj Singh hints at comeback from retirement next year