Facts about Virat Kohli
Lets take a look at 15 unknown facts about Indias current ODI captain Virat Kohli.
Arguably the best batsman in the world at the moment,Virat Kohliis hardly anything like the universally-loved, happy-go-lucky cricket icons he grew up idolizing. In fact, he is perhaps their antithesis unapologetically aggressive, extremely athletic, and driven by unrelenting ambition. His skill, dedication, focus and unflinching determination on the cricket field has earned the admiration of one and all, while his swagger keeps the marketing guys interested. There is little doubt that Kohli is the new face of Indian cricket this unwavering, irreverent character who can tend to have a polarising effect on the millions of cricket-crazy fans in this cricket-mad nation. India have a gem in Virat Kohli a sparkling solitaire.
Interesting Facts about Virat Kohli
1. Virat's nickname is "Chikku", and his fellow Indian team calls him by that name!
2. Virat began his studies in Vishal Bharti before moving to the Safir Monastery.
3. The greatest strength of any athlete is not to le his personal life in the way of his sport. Virat first appeared in the spotlight while representing Delhi against Karnataka in the Ranji Cup the same day his father died. He showed a great character to stay and bat then scored 90 runs.
4. We are all aware that Virat led the under 19 Indian cricket team to win the under 19 Cricket World Cup, but the following year, Virat played an important role in India by winning the 2009 Junior Players Championship in Australia, 398 races in seven games with two hundred.
5. It is only the third Indian batsman to achieve 200 ODI before his 22nd birthday; the other two are Sachin Tendulkar and Suresh Raina.
6. During the ICC 2011 Cricket World Cup, Virat Kohli became the first Indian to mark a century in his debut at the World Cup. The Delhi batsman performed 282 races in 9 innings at a rate of 35.25. Let us not forget his vital contribution to the final: forge that crucial partnership with Gautam Gambir.
7. In the 2012 AFC Asian Cup, Virat scored 183 races from 148 balls against Pakistan, the fourth highest joint score for the Indian batsman ODI. His coup was also the highest individual match against Pakistan, with surpassing Brian Lara's 156.
8. Kohli became the fastest Indian player to reach the standards of 1000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 races in ODI cricket: the last achievement on his way to ODI was achieved in the 18th century at Napier this year.
9. Kohli was named ODI's Best Cricket Player in 2012, at the age of 23!
10. Kohli became the fastest cricketer to complete 19 centuries in ODI with 136 exciting races against Bangladesh. He is also the fastest to reach the 10, 15 and 18 centuries in ODI!
11. On 16 October 2013, against Australia, Kohli crushed India's fastest century in ODI, the seventh fastest in history: tons of only 52 balls in Jaipur.
12. In 2012, Virat Kohli was named one of the top ten men in international clothing on a list which included US President Barack Obama. SportsPro ranked Virat as the 13th most marketed sports player in the world, putting him next to players like Neymar, Rory McIlroy and Usain Bolt.
13. Currently, Kohli holds the fastest Indian Horn record in ODI. He achieved this feat against Australia in 2013 in Jaipur, where he scored 100 in 52 balls.
14. Karishma Kapoor, a beautiful Bollywood actress was Colley's, first love!
15. Kohli is fond of tattoos. Four times he had himself inked, and his favorite tattoo is the one that features a Samurai Warrior.